By David O. Moberg
- What are the religious wishes of individuals later in lifestyles?
- Is there any sturdy proof that prayer alterations issues?
- How is spirituality with regards to actual and psychological health and wellbeing?
- Does spirituality subject whilst humans recognize they're demise?
- How will we degree non secular health and verify the results of actions meant to reinforce it?
- Will consciousness to spirituality irritate or alleviate the losses--of buddies, family members, health and wellbeing, youth--that so usually take place in the course of previous age?
Aging and Spirituality offers a much-needed source for overall healthiness care execs, clergy, social employees, and counselors operating with geriatric consumers. via integrating religious matters into the theoretical framework of social gerontology, getting older and Spirituality might help you already know the medical foundations, sensible functions, and public coverage implications of spirituality for older adults.
Read Online or Download Aging and Spirituality: Spiritual Dimensions of Aging Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy PDF
Best aging parents books
I knew little approximately Alzheimer’s disorder, a devastating disease afflicting over 5 million americans, and that i hadn’t identified somebody who suffered from it. Then it grew to become own. My mom used to be clinically determined with Alzheimer’s. it is a tale of our trip jointly throughout the a variety of levels of her ailment. in lots of methods it was once now not a beautiful time.
Inhabitants getting old is one of the most crucial advancements of our time. This publication explores the profound demanding situations confronted via an getting older international. best specialists from varied disciplines describe the elemental effect demographic getting older has on pension structures, at the options of retirement and outdated age, and at the stability of generational justice.
Written by means of validated and rising leaders in a vast array of disciplines, this two-volume set presents undergraduate and graduate scholars, students, execs, and policymakers with an summary of the sector of getting older that examines the social panorama in addition to key alterations, demanding situations, and options.
The Silver Tsunami is upon us as elder care and hindrance administration reaches a tipping aspect with the graying of the United States. by means of 2020, fifty four million humans within the U. S. could be over the age of sixty five; by way of 2030, that quantity will most sensible eighty million. Feeling the squeeze of multi-generational domestic calls for, teenagers of getting older mom and dad are suffering to benefit leading edge eldercare administration ideas and sometimes locate themselves crushed by way of the numerous features of caregiving.
- The Gift of Caring: Saving Our Parents from the Perils of Modern Healthcare
- Creating Culturally Appropriate Outside Spaces and Experiences for People with Dementia: Using Nature and the Outdoors in Person-Centred Care
- When Caring Takes Courage: Alzheimer's/Dementia: At A Glance Guide for Family Caregivers
- Conceptual and Methodological Issues on the Adjustment to Aging: Perspectives on Aging Well (International Perspectives on Aging)
- Molecular Gerontology: Research Status and Strategies
- Brain and Spine Surgery in the Elderly
Additional resources for Aging and Spirituality: Spiritual Dimensions of Aging Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy
Aging and Spirituality: Spiritual Dimensions of Aging Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy by David O. Moberg